Monday, January 16, 2006

A 24-hour rollercoaster ride!

Jack Bauer does it again. He comes out of nowhere to kick some ass. The season opener of '24' was pretty darn good, and I hope to see more of it in the upcoming months.



***THIS NEXT PART CONTAINS SPOILERS. SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, LOOK AWAY!***

I was really disappointed with the assassination of David Palmer. And it happened in the first 3 minutes! When he first came on screen, I was like, "Sweet, Prez Palmer is back!" Then he proceeds to get shot in the throat. Devastating, really. Wayne Palmer is also back, and it looks like he'll play a much more significant role this time around (and he looks useful for once). Michelle is dead, Tony is in critical condition (again). And knowing Tony, he has been in critical condition before, and like 4 hours after major surgery he is running CTU once again. Tony, you are badass. Chloe is back, dull and looking angrier than ever. The usual suspects like Curtis and Edgar still have their positions at CTU. Audrey Raines, Jack's love interest last season, reprises as the Dept. of Defense liaison to CTU. Kim Bauer has yet to show her lovely face, but I believe she will make a four episode appearance in the coming weeks, if my sources are correct.

Now, regarding the plot thus far, I think the nosey kid who tries to follow Jack is a dim-witted fool. He especially seemed worthless at the end of the second hour when he sees some suspicious people getting out of a van and takes it upon himself to go and 'warn Jack.' Come on kid, this is Jack freakin' Bauer, he can take care of himself. Tomorrow's preview shows the kid getting caught by these Russian terrorists and placed as a life-ransom: either the terrorists get what they want or the kid is dead. Wow... :shakes head:

***END of Spoilers***

Looks like it's going to be a quality season, though the beginning of the first episode happened so quickly that the rest of the time seemed like filler. Still, I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens next.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the thriller show on Fox called '24.' I suggest looking into it.


I leave you with a quote from Jack Bauer:

"You probably don't think that I can force this towel down your throat. But trust me, I can. All the way. Except I'd hold onto this one little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest it, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. For most people it would take about a week to die. It's very painful."

Hoowee!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an explosive fifth season opener! Let there be pizza and wide screen TV's, let there be elisha and all the kick ass characters...there will be much rejoicing. Cheers!

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home